The 2010 Criminal Justice (Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing) Act and the Guidance notes set out a requirement for annual staff training on AML.
The 2018 Criminal Justice (Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing) Amendment Act details obligations such as the requirement to carry out risk assessments and enhanced due diligence.
Recent sanctions from the Central Bank of Ireland have specified the requirement for all directors to receive training and to demonstrate full awareness of their obligations.
This 2-hour briefing focuses on includes director’s duties and obligations under the Acts.
The aim of the training course is to ensure the directors are aware of their obligations in relation to the anti-money laundering (AML) regulations including:
This course examines the:
- AML and CFT Legislation (including 4/5/6MLD)
- AML and CFT Business Risk Assessment
- AML and CFT Framework
- Politically Exposed Persons
- Financial Sanctions and Terrorist Financing
- Suspicious Activity
- Policies, Procedures, Training and Record Keeping
- Summary of Responsibilities
- Questions for Your Senior Management