This full day course gives practical guidance and high quality training material on (a) Irish anti-money laundering/terrorist financing laws including the 2010 Act and the Criminal Justice Act 2013, and (b) February 2012 Guidance Notes. It will enable attendees to practically implement the Criminal Justice (Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing) Act.
Key differences between the new Irish AML regime and those of the UK and the USA will be addressed
Do you know that:
(i) the Act has been law since 15 July 2010 and must be followed, along with any Guidelines issued by the Minister or the Central Bank?
(ii) the Central Bank has an enforcement team devoted to AML/CFT enforcement?
This course examines:
- the 2010 Act and regulations;
- the Criminal Justice Act 2013;
- the Sanctions Lists requirements;
- Guidelines and Guidance Notes;
- the FATF 40 recommendations and 9 special recommendations;
- the 4th EU AML Directive;
- Central Bank’s AML/CFT directions;
- other EU Financial Crime initiatives;
- implementing Customer Due Diligence requirements, internal policies & procedures and on-going monitoring in a practical risk-based manner;
- enforcement and investigative powers of Garda and Central Bank;
- powers to freeze assets by Garda (by direction) and the District Court (by order);
- implementing the risk-based approach across your entire business, your product range and the countries in which you do business;
- training of staff and directors in your firm on their responsibilities under the Law.
You will be up-to-speed with the latest developments and requirements.
Who Should Attend:
€620 for 1st attendee
€550 for 2nd attendee from same firm attending same day
(All training fees are VAT exempt)
|Thursday 25th October 2018||9.00 am - 5.00 pm||7/8 Mount Street Upper, Dublin 2|
|Thursday 6th December 2018||9.00 am - 5.00 pm||38/39 Baggot Street Lower, Dublin 2|
To pay by bank transfer/cheque please make your booking via firstname.lastname@example.org including the course name, course date, your name and contact details (including email address and telephone number). We will email you with an invoice and course details which includes the details of how to make payments.
If you wish to enquire about a course before booking, please contact us at email@example.com
Institute of Bankers: Formal CPD Hours
QFA: 4 hours
CPD Member: 4 hours
RS CPD Member: 4 hours
LCOI: 4 hours
Chartered Banker: 6 hours
CeB (Certified Banker): 6 hours
Insurance Institute of Ireland: Formal CPD Hours
CPD Member: 4 hours for MCC Product Categories 1 - 8
ACII/FCII Chartered Insurance Institute CPD Scheme: 4 hours
Life Insurance Association of Ireland (LIA): Formal CPD Hours
4 Formal Hours
What Others Say:
Please click HERE to read what previous attendees have said about our courses.