This full day course provides a practical, hands-on workshop for both the seasoned and less experienced compliance professional. The workshop focuses on what you need to do to demonstrate an effective Risk-Based Compliance Monitoring Programme (“RBCMP”).
Do you know that:
the Enforcement Division of the Central Bank estimate that 60% of their work will be 'pre-defined' enforcement (i.e. process weakness)?
With the advent of its new supervision and enforcement regime, the Central Bank is demanding that firms demonstrate compliance with applicable rules, codes and laws. Other examples of the Central Bank's power in this area include inspection visits and its right to compel firms to furnish a Compliance Statement either generally or in relation to a specific area. Consequently the regulatory responsibilities and the management demands placed upon compliance professionals have escalated sharply.
One of the best ways to help demonstrate your firm's compliance with, not just rules, codes and laws, but also your contractual obligations under service agreements, is by implementing a RBCMP. A properly designed and structured RBCMP will help your firm identify gaps between its obligations and its performance against those obligations, while at the same time demonstrating the value-added benefits of your Compliance Function.
The following topics will be covered in the course:
- Setting the regulatory context
- How to conduct a risk-based assessment of your firm’s business
- How to build your compliance plan and RBCMP
- The stakeholders
- Learn how to draft your findings to address the information requirements of each of your stakeholders. The trainers will relate their own personal experience and judgments gained from their time as Consultants and Compliance Officers to give you an insight into how best to present your compliance monitoring results and findings.
- Open Forum, questions and closing remarks – in this session we will deal with a range of topics including:
- soft skills – how to obtain buy-in from your directors and operational colleagues;
- how to apply the skills learnt on the course to the monitoring of third parties and subsidiaries;
- your own specific approach to compliance monitoring;
- all those questions that you didn’t raise earlier in the day; and
- closing remarks.
Who Should Attend?
Compliance Officers, Directors, Senior Management and Internal Auditors of: (a) credit institutions and all investment business firms (e.g. investment management, fund administration & intermediaries) and (b) insurance firms.
€620 for 1st attendee, €550 for 2nd attendee (from same firm attending the course on the same day)
All training fees are VAT exempt
|Thursday 30th November 2017||9.00 am- 5.00 pm||Camden Court Hotel, Dublin 2|
|Thursday 11th May 2017||9.00 am - 5.00 pm||Camden Court Hotel, Dublin 2|
To pay by bank transfer/cheque please make your booking via email@example.com including the course name, course date, your name and contact details (including email address and telephone number). We will email you with an invoice and course details which includes the details of how to make payments.
If you wish to enquire about a course before booking, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Institute of Bankers: Formal CPD Hours
QFA: 0 hours
CPD Member: 0 hours
RS CPD Member: 0 hours
LCOI: 4 hours
Chartered Banker: 6 hours
CeB (Certified Banker): 6 hours
What Others Say:
Please click here to read what previous attendees have said about our courses.