The Insurance Distribution Directive or IDD is designed to improve European Union regulation in the insurance market by ensuring a level playing field among all participants that sell insurance products, to strengthen policyholder protection and to make it easier for firms to trade cross-border. The IDD repealed and replaced the Insurance Mediation Directive 2002/92/EC, with Member States being required to comply with the IDD by 23 February 2018.
This half day course aims to provide participants with an understanding of the basis, scope and main provisions of the IDD including analysis of the increased protections for consumers. The course will also provide participants with an understanding on how to practically implement the requirements.
- Additional knowledge and competency requirements for distributors;
- Product oversight and governance requirements (target market);
- An Insurance Product Information Document (IPD) for non-life products;
- Disclosures around product bundling;
- Additional disclosure requirements in relation to insurance based investment products;
- Mandated remuneration disclosures - the required disclosures are restricted to the nature of the remuneration and not the absolute amount.
Who should attend:
This course is suitable for anyone who requires an understanding of the IDD to be able to plan, monitor and implement compliance with it, such as:
- Directors (Executive & Non Executive)
- Heads of Compliance
- Compliance Officers
- Heads of Risk
- Heads of Internal Audit
- Internal Audit Staff
€380 per attendee
|Wednesday 11th April 2018||9.15 am - 1.15 pm||38/39 Baggot Street, Dublin 2|
To pay by bank transfer/cheque please make your booking via email@example.com including the course name, course date, your name and contact details (including email address and telephone number). We will email you with an invoice and course details which includes the details of how to make payments.
If you wish to enquire about a course before booking, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We apply for CPD accreditation for all of our courses. See our website for further details: http://www.complianceireland.com/training/cpd
What Others Say:
Please click here to read what previous attendees have said about our courses.