From an Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorist Financing Perspective, 2018 will not be a quiet year. While 2017 saw a number of enforcement actions specific to AML/CFT failings, Ireland missed the June deadline for transposition of the 4th EU AML Directive allowing it to roll over into 2018. 2017 also ended with agreement at European level for amended provisions referred to as the ‘5th Directive’.
This 2-hour briefing is intended to give practical guidance on how to implement current Irish AML requirements. It will specifically address compliance with the new legislation while aiming to bridge the gap between knowing what is required under the legislation and how to actually implement/embed these requirements into your business in a way that does not hinder the day to day running of it.
The course will look at:
- how to design and create a robust risk assessment, outlining practical steps on what should and should not be contained in it
- preparing a gap analysis of your policies and procedures with the current legislation
- how to document and identify suspicious transactions and activities and the correct procedures for reporting them, including relevant examples and typologies
- constructing a CDD framework for your institution and future-proofing new ways of harvesting documentation
- practical applications on how to manage reputational risk
Who Should Attend:
This course is most suitable for those with some practical knowledge of the legal requirements placed on Designated Persons (if you are unfamiliar with the topic and require more detailed training we recommend our full day AML Course). This course is suitable for all individuals that may be required to interact with AML at any level throughout the course of their employment including:
- Customer facing staff
- Customer Relationship Staff and Managers
- Compliance Officers
- MLRO’s – Money Laundering Reporting Officers
- AML Officers
- Heads of Risk
- Heads of Internal Audit
- External Auditors
- Estate Agents/Auctioneers (Property Service Providers- PSP’s)
€220 per attendee (All training fees are VAT exempt)
|Wednesday 16th October 2019||10:00am - 12:00pm||38/39 Baggot Street Lower, Dublin 2|
|Tuesday 12th November 2019||10:00am - 12:00pm||38/39 Baggot Street Lower, Dublin 2|
To pay by bank transfer/cheque please make your booking via firstname.lastname@example.org including the course name, course date, your name and contact details (including email address and telephone number). We will email you with an invoice and course details which includes the details of how to make payments.
If you wish to enquire about a course before booking, please contact us at email@example.com
We apply for CPD accreditation for all of our courses. See our website for further details: http://www.complianceireland.com/training/cpd
What Others Say:
Please click here to read what previous attendees have said about our courses.