This half day course will examine the key frameworks governing the regulation of investment funds in Ireland. Participants will obtain an understanding of the legislative and regulatory environment for the various types of authorised and un-authorised funds existing in Ireland and the roles and responsibilities of the various parties and the regulatory framework in which they must operate.
By attending this course participants will gain an understanding of:
- type of funds: Unit Trust, Variable Capital Company, Investment Limited Partnership, Common Contractual Fund
- National funds legislation: Unit Trusts Act 1990, Part XIII, Companies Act 1990 and others;
- other types of investment vehicle: Unauthorised Trusts, Section 110 Companies;
- Pan-European legislation: The UCITS Regulations;
- parties connected to the fund: Manager, Board, Administrator, Custodian;
- other parties: Promoter, Distributor;
- duties of the Manager;
- duties of the Trustee/Custodian;
- duties of the Administrator;
- duties of the fund’s Board of Directors;
- role of the Prime Broker;
- role of the Central Bank;
- role of the Irish Stock Exchange;
- role of the Auditor;
- Central Bank’s UCITS and NU Notices;
- Central Bank’s Guidance Notes;
- European Developments: UCITS 4 and AIFM Directives.
This course examines the contractual structure of investment funds. It explains the roles of the various parties associated with the fund as well as how their respective obligations are set out and documented.
The role of the trustee is a central bulwark in the protection of investors’ interests. The trustee is responsible for monitoring the performance of all the other parties involved with the fund. Aggrieved investors have become increasingly prepared to sue trustees (and other parties associated with funds) to recover losses incurred. It is more important than ever to be aware of the extent of imposed obligations and how to demonstrate that they are being properly carried out.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for persons working in legal and accounting firms newly involved with investment funds.
€380 per attendee (All training fees are VAT exempt)
|Thursday 24th May 2018||9.15 am - 1.15 pm||38-39 Baggot Street Lower, Dublin 2|
To pay by bank transfer/cheque please make your booking via email@example.com including the course name, course date, your name and contact details (including email address and telephone number). We will email you with an invoice and course details which includes the details of how to make payments.
If you wish to enquire about a course before booking, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We apply for CPD accreditation for all of our courses. See our website for further details: http://www.complianceireland.com/training/cpd
What Others Say:
Please click here to read what previous attendees have said about our courses.