- Engage with Directorate senior leadership team to support the development of the Consumer Protection Directorate strategic plan, influencing how the Directorate delivers on its consumer protection mandate.
- Develop the strategic direction and plan and set the forward-looking tone for the Policy & Authorisations Division ensure the formal cascade of the strategy, and alignment across the Directorate strategies and that of related Central Bank functions to deliver on the Central Bank’s consumer protection mandate.
- Lead and coach the Policy & Authorisations leadership team, and create an environment where people can develop to their full capability, where the principles and behaviours of the Bank are lived and where collaboration and purposeful mobility can flourish in order to deliver sustainable high-performance levels within the Directorate.
- Oversee the development of an effective and transparent Authorisations Framework to raise standards in firms, products and practices permitted in Ireland and the development of robust authorisations and post-authorisation processes and decisions to ensure the efficient delivery of authorisation outcomes in line with the Directorate strategy.
- Oversee the development and implementation of consumer protection and relevant prudential, policy, to include the monitoring of policy developments outside of Ireland in relation to best practice, and the development of robust and effective processes and procedures in order to deliver on the Consumer Protection mandate.
- Ensure that progress against the relevant elements of the Strategic Plan and divisional Balanced Scorecard are monitored and reviewed and that any deviations are signalled early so that timely remedial action can be taken.
- Strategically represent the Consumer Protection Directorate to relevant external stakeholders,
engage on consumer protection matters and develop strong relationships and networks with
industry representatives and consumer bodies, to gather consumer and market intelligence and
gain insights thereby informing and enhancing the Central Bank approach to consumer protection.
- Oversee the development and the generation of insightful intelligence on consumer behaviour
and associated risks to enhance the Central Bank’s consumer protection agenda in Ireland, and
drive active participation at EU and international committees/taskforces to ensure the Central
Bank is representing Irish consumer interest and effectively influencing policy development at
- Act as a representative for the division across the Bank and develop and maintain productive and
collaborative relationships with linked functions in the Bank for the long-term benefit of CBI.
- A third level honours degree or professional qualification in the area of business, accounting, finance, economics, law, math’s, risk or any related professional discipline.
- Role relevant professional qualification preferable (e.g. QFA, LCOI, legal, accounting or auditing
- 5-7 years at senior management level in the Central Bank or relevant institution.
- Extensive Consumer Protection experience and regulatory/risk/compliance experience.
- Deep understanding of Irish financial services and environment.
- Detailed knowledge of the drivers of conduct risk.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Strong stakeholder management.
- The ability to advise and influence at a senior level and to demonstrate sound strategic and operational judgement.
Closing date: 23 March 2018
To apply, please complete the application form attached (via the link below). As the application form plays an important role in the shortlisting and selection process, it is essential that it is completed fully. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive an automatic email from us acknowledging receipt. If you do not receive this auto-acknowledgement, please contact Katie Dunne on 01 224 6720 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cuirfear fáilte roimh chomhfhreagras í nGaeilge.
The Central Bank of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
"We encourage applications from diverse candidates. If we can make any accommodations to enable us to see the best version of you during interview, and/or in how you carry out your role in the Central Bank, please let us know. All information disclosed will be kept confidential."